Personalised gifts: Customized gifts for special occasions
Choosing customized gifts for those who mean a lot to you is a great, very thoughtful way of giving gifts. And for good reason. It shows that a lot of thought and care went into selecting the gifts.
Personalized presents show that the giver went that extra mile to choose something the person, child or parents of the baby receiving the gifts would really like, gifts they would use, or something that would mean a lot to them.
Why personalized presents are the best choice as gifts
- These gifts show the recipient that the person giving the gifts really cares.
- Personalized presents are a way of adding a personal touch to gifts.
- The gifts make giving gifts easier than just choosing something arbitrary.
- You can have the person’s name printed on a personalized gift. These printed gifts show the person receiving them that the gifts were chosen specifically for them. These are great gifts for everyone, including a new baby.
- Those personalized items constantly remind the person who receives the gifts of the giver.
- Personalised presents like these show thoughtfulness on the part of the present-giver.
- Most personalized presents are bespoke gifts, gifts that are one of a kind. And that’s a very rare commodity.
10 tips to help you make a gift more personal
Here are some tried and true methods of customising gifts at Christmas and gifts for myriad other occasions. Learn how to give your gifts a personal touch:
1. Think about something the person loves to do
This could be a hobby, interest, talent, you name it. Why not choose gifts that are directly to related to this?
Does he enjoy fishing? Photography? Handicrafts? Does she spend her leisure hours designing outfits? Cooking? Skiing? Looking for homes for abandoned pets?
Whatever the hobby, there’s myriad ideas for gifts to choose from: a T-shirt, books on the subject, gift card to the person’s favourite store selling items related to the interest or hobby… the list for Christmas and other special occasion gifts goes on.
2. Personalise a gift with a name
Putting the person’s name on gifts immediately makes the gifts special. There are so many gifts you could personalize in this manner. Personalised ide3as for gifts include T-shirts, towels, bed covers, caps, home accessories, engraved jewellery, note books and diaries… the gift list is endless. Whatever gifts you choose, make sure they resonate with the person who will receive the gift, that these gifts are something he or she will use and treasure.
3. Special presents don’t always have to be things…
Memorable, personal gifts don’t necessarily have to be products or things. These gifts could as easily be an event, or experience you share with someone that you customise to make it extra-special.
Perhaps arrange a tour that would interest the person, say a tour of a heritage building, a visit to a famous art gallery or museum, or a tour that covers a subject that interests them, say a haunted house tour, or a dinner party that involves solving a murder or a mystery.
Taking the effort to organise something like this as a personalized gift will make these Christmas and special occasion gifts that much more special and meaningful. And you’re likely to have lots of fun enjoying the experience together.
4. A hamper that creates a memorable experience
You can’t go wrong with gifts comprising a basketful of goodies that tick all the right boxes. This way, you're combining personal gifts and experiences together and creating something extra-special.
If you're giving someone a ticket to see their favourite band, why not add a few extra present touches? These gifts include a picnic hamper to take with, complete with a bottle of wine, glasses, earbuds and a picnic throw. Then you won't only be giving personal gifts; you’ll also be helping create special memories!
5. Create your own personalized gift
If you’re a talented chef/seamstress/painter/whatever, why not make unique gifts for someone special for Christmas, birthdays or other occasions? Making gifts yourself shows just how much you care. And if these gifts are something they will really like, they are a great choice.
Chocolate lovers will never say ‘no’ to delicious triple-tiered chocolate cakes as gifts. Someone who loves plants will delight in plant gifts such as a gorgeous bit of greenery planted in a hand-crafted ceramic pot.
You can create so many gifts, so come up with specific items.
Now start creating those perfect gifts.
6. Create customized scrapbooks
Scrapbooks may not be on trend anymore, but these books are really great personalised gifts. So if you’re creative, why not put a personal scrapbook together as a present that celebrates an event, a person or a memory. These gifts will remain with the recipient forever.
Sure, it takes lots of effort, but that’s what personalized gifts are all about. For gifts, find a photo, a menu, invitation, scrap of ribbon from a gift, cuttings from magazines or pages from old books, any memento that signifies the occasion or memory you’re trying to depict.
Make the gift look beautiful. Make these gifts something the person will love to look at and reflect on. The more meaningful the gifts are, the better.
7. Let them choose their own presents
Shops, malls, sports clubs and other clubs all offer gift cards for sale so that people can choose exactly what gifts they want. You couldn't find more personalised gifts if you tried!
Here are some perfect ideas for these types of gifts: Choose a meal at the person's favourite restaurant, a monthly hamper from the book or wine club, an expensive facial, or a gift card that enables them to buy whatever they want from a variety of shops in the mall. All of these are really great gifts, special gifts that enable them to have exactly what they want.
8. Give a piece of yourself for free
Here’s a very out of the box gifts idea! Why not share something of yourself with the person you care about? If you know they love that fudge you make every weekend, make them a personal batch as a gift. Or why not fill a jar with the ingredients and the recipe? These are the perfect personalized gifts.
Other great ideas for gifts: knit somebody a throw, or crochet a patchwork quilt or a jersey. Give someone special a book or books you know they’ll love, a beautiful tapestry you painstakingly created or that bracelet of yours they always hanker after. Nothing beats sharing something you make or own, or creating gifts especially for someone.
9. Donate to a charity in the person’s name
A lot of people feel strongly about particular causes including animal conservation, sustainability, the homeless, proper pet care. Sometimes donating to a cause they care a lot about will be one of the most meaningful gifts they will ever receive.
Why not choose these types of gifts for them? Often, the person will be informed via email that someone has donated in their name. These are immeasurable gifts, and possibly the most personal, special gifts you could ever give someone.
10. Make the gift wrap part of your personal present!
Perhaps the gifts you’ve chosen are simple items that the person needs. This could be the case if you’re buying something for a baby.
Whatever gift you choose, make sure to wrap these gifts up ingeniously and you’ve created a masterpiece of personalisation! It’s easy to take fabric items and use them as wrapping for gifts (and that’s where maakeHome comes in! Personalise your fabric item here!
Just add ornaments, stars or ribbon and you’ve created a unique masterpiece.
If you wrap even the most simple gifts in a customized tea towel, T-shirt or throw, this will personalize the gift and show how much you care. Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the rave reviews!
A touch of gift inspiration
Personalized gifts are things the people receiving those gifts will treasure, meaningful gifts that will be remembered. These gifts add that special touch and make a difference to someone who means a lot to you.
Here’s a list of ideas for awesome personalised Christmas gifts and other gift suggestions:
Print a monogram on a gift, add your personal handwriting, family photo gifts – anything customized. There are so many great ideas for Christmas gifts or for gifts for other occasions. Or think about what you can give to give a new pet as a gift – or you can make your own pet gift, like a dog bandanna. Check these ideas for Christmas gifts, or for gifts for birthdays and special occasions…
Personalized gifts for her for Christmas and other occasions
- Fill a jar with a recipe and ingredients for something she’ll love making.
- Print an old family photo on canvas and have it framed as a photo gift. These Christmas and special occasion gifts are always well received.
- Order a necklace or bracelet with her name on it.
- Engrave a jewellery box with her name on it.
- Customise a coffee mug or teacup and saucer.
- Notecards and matching envelopes with her name on – makes a great gift for a teacher.
Personalised gifts for him for Christmas and other occasions
- Thoughtful gift: plant a tree in someone’s name in a devastated forest area around the world.
- Put the recipient’s name on a purse or wallet. Add money or a card inside, especially at Christmas or on a memorable birthday or anniversary.
- Old-fashioned vinyl records he’ll enjoy with a recycled record player to play them on. Finding the perfect record selection and a working record player as the perfect gift will take a while, so start early with this type of gift!
- Subscription to a hobby eg wine of the month, or tickets to his favourite football team’s at-home games.
- If he collects watches, choose a watch box where he can keep them all together. Engrave a word or more on gifts to add an extra touch.
- An online subscription for a favourite magazine or podcast makes Christmas presents that keep on giving.
A range of personalised gifts for kids or a baby for every occasion
- Another great idea for gifts – why not personalise a height chart for a kid's room or when the baby becomes a toddler. A great gift for recording the height of a baby from the moment he or she starts to walk.
- A cut-out wall decal with the baby boy or girl’s name – a lovely touch for a bedroom for kids or a baby.
Make a wide selection of personalised gifts with maakeHome
Shop for personalized gifts or personalized Christmas gifts from maakeHome. The gifts you'll be choosing are quality homeware and décor accessories that are readymade at our London factory.
These unique personalised gifts are thoughtful. Why not add a photo or create your own design to make the gift extra special? maakeHome prints on fabric sustainably, and it’s so quick and simple, making these gifts a cinch!
There’s even more good news… all the lifestyle and décor products and gifts that maakeHome creates for Christmas or any other time of the year are sustainably designed, manufactured and printed at our factory in North London. We source sustainably made fabrics from local mills and then we print on these fabrics using the most environmentally-friendly methods available. And the inks used for printing are eco-friendly and certified safe for children, which means presents of our products are ideal as for a baby. This ensures that all the gifts you order from maakeHome are sustainably manufactured.
Regular fabric printing methods use plenty of water and energy, but the printing methods used by maakeHome use 95% less energy and virtually no water.
When you order a fabric product as a gift from their product range, you are guaranteed a greener choice.
For free shipping add on your gift order, request a special discount starting from 10%. Also enquire about products ordered over a certain amount of days ships free and other order price shipping free included.
View their collection before you order personalized gifts.